BUXTON BOOTCAMP - Race Info
2017 Buxton Bootcamp rider info pack
Online entreis are closed
Entry is available on the day
Before Midnight on 8th November- $65 per rider (teams of 3 - third rider for free)
On The Day Entries will ONLY be available on a first come first serve basis - please keep an eye on our Facebook Event Page for more information. - $80 per rider (teams of 3 - third rider for free).
To ensure the course is not over worked on the day we have an agreemnt to only allow 350 riders in this event. So be sure you enter soon so you dont miss out.
This race is a Mountain Bike Australia (MTBA) event. All riders must be either a racing member of a MTBA affiliate club or purchase a MTBA Day License for the event.
If you wish to become a racing member of a MTBA affiliated club, there are many clubs to choose from. To find a club visit MTBA's website. There are many benefits to being an MTBA member so please support the club scene!
MTBA Day Licenses can be purchased through the on-line registration process at a cost of $20. MTBA licenses (or MTBA Day Licences) must be presented at registration. Failure to do so will require you to purchase a MTBA Day License at the event.
Please find below a description of the Buxton Bootcamp race categories.
Ensure that you select a category to suit your age, fitness level and ability.
|3 Hour||6 Hour Solo||Teams 6 Hour|
|3 Hour Solo Men||Solo Men||Pairs/Triples Men|
|3 Hour Solo Women||Solo Women||Pairs/Triples Women|
|3 Hour Solo Mixed 40+||Solo Mixed 40+||Pairs/Triples Mixed|
|3 Hour Junior Pairs||Pairs/Triples Mixed 40+|
To be eligible of a junior category you must be under the age of 18 on the day of the race.
MTBA advises event organisers to limit course distances undertaken by juniors for health reasons. Big Hill Events staff encourages junior men and junior women to enter the shorter distance options.
Big Hill Events reserve the right to deny race entry.
Enduro Series RulesSeries Rules are only a guide line and final rules will be made by Big Hill Events on the day
- Protests must be made on the day and within 15 minutes of race finish to the Race Director
- Race Director's decision is final and no correspondence will entered into
- There must be a minimum of 5 teams/entrants in a category at an event for 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes to be awarded
- If only 3 teams/entrants are in a category Big Hill Events has the right to only award prizes to 1st place
- No matter how many teams are in a category series points are awarded
- All riders in 40+ team category must be over the age of 40 on race day
- In a team of 2 the minimum number of laps for either team member is 1/3 of the total laps of that team
- In a triples team the minimum number of laps for all team members must be 1/4 of the total laps of that team
- Teams or Competitors must have competed in a minimum of four rounds to be eligible for series prizes
- A Team's or Competitor's best 5 rounds count towards series totals
- A minimum of three competitors per category are required for a series category
- More than 2 weeks before event: Refund of your entry fee minus a $20 admin fee. Juniors - $10 admin fee.
- Within 2 weeks of Friday 6th November: 50% credit for another Big Hill Event.
- After Friday 6th November: No refund or credit.
Big Hill Events offers two opportunities for Buxton Bootcamp registration.
All riders must attend a registration session to show their MTBA license and collect their race number.
Don't forget your MTBA License!!!
As this is a MTBA race, it is compulsory for all riders to hold a MTBA license (or MTBA day license). We are unable to provide you with your race number without a valid license. If you do not present your MTBA license card or MTBA day license at registration you must purchase a MTBA day license.
All riders who purchase a day license accept the terms and conditions of MTBA and Big Hill Events.
For the 6 Hour Riders the Race starts at 10am
For the 3 Hour Riders the Race starts at 1pm
All riders must enter the Marshalling Zone and have their name and number ticked off. Any number not ticked off at this point will be recorded as a DNS and no result will be given.
The Marshalling Zone will open 30 minutes before the race start. The earlier you enter the Marshalling Zone the better your start position.
To be confirmed at a later date.
Big Hill Events ALWAYS makes sure Male and Female winners receive the same prize money.
Camping will be available on Saturday 5th November ONLY - strictly no camping any other time at the Buxton MTB Park. Entries for camping will open at a later date as camping is limited.
Alternatively we recommend having a look at the accomodation options in Buxton and Marsyville