Event Buses will take participants from the race village to the race start, the race will then finish back at the race village located at the beautiful Mount Avoca Vineyard, a short 5km drive from the country township of Avoca.
Getting to Avoca from Melbourne:
- Drive via Ballarat on the Western Fwy.
- Stay on the Western Fwy to bypass the Ballarat city centre.
- Exit onto the Sunraysia Hwy and travel a further 60kms until you reach Avoca.
- Approx drive time is 2hrs
You can also drive to Avoca via the Calder Fwy, Exit and drive through Castlemaine and Maryborough. This route takes approx. 2hrs 45min.
Getting to the Mount Avoca Vineyard
- From Avoca take Vinoca Road for approximately 4kms
- Follow the signs to the Mount Avoca Vineyard.
- You will be clearly directed to car parking on arrival. Check here for Google Maps Mount Avoca Vineyard
Avoca and it’s surrounds has a large range of accommodation available. These include Hotel, Motel, Cottages, Bed and Breakfast, Farmstays, Caravan parks, Camping. You can even stay at the Mount Avoca Winery in the new Eco-Luxe lodges.
Check out our preferred accomodation partners:
The Avoca Motel – www.avocamotel.com.au – 03 5465 3464
Avoca Cottages – www.avocacottages.com.au – 1800 123 355
Pyrenees Motel – 03 5465 3693
For more information on all of these visit the Pyrenees Tourism website www.pyreneestourism.com.au or contact the Avoca Visitor Information Centre
on (03) 5465 1000
You can find information on the Mount Avoca Eco-Luxe Lodges at their website www.mountavoca.com